Parent Statement #11
I respectfully request that the Board of Education not approve the request of the
Director of Pupil Services and Special Education to re-hire her after her
retirement. I feel strongly against her being re-hired based on the following.
1. School misdiagnosing my child until an outside evaluation was performed and even then the medical diagnosis and findings were dismissed in the PPT and would not add additional services into the IEP.
2. Instead of working with the parents in a PPT to come to a joint decision on what is in the best interest of your child, intimidation is used and forces parents to go to outside help, causing financial burdens on families as well as causing extreme stress on
3. Data previously written into the IEP then erased without the consent of the parents or team.
4. Additional burden on family to hire a tutor for my child for three consecutive summers so my child doesn't regress more than the norm. ln-district tutors used, were not
comfortable speaking in your behalf due to fear of retribution.
5. We had to go so far as to contact the state department of education to voice our concerns and get advice and knowledge on our rights.
6. Lastly items put in the IEP (example: to be updated of progress monitoring)not followed and just dismissed in the PPT .
Thank you for your attention on this